Prairie Flower Garden
Mixed Media Clay Bouquet Classes
Enjoy an evening
on the western South Dakota prairie
choosing a bouquet of
wildflowers and grasses
from Shaw Ranch.
At White Owl Hall, learn how to make art by
creating clay impressions
to make a keepsake memory.
You will learn how to press flowers and grasses into clay, bake, and then paint.
Add other natural elements like
heart shaped stones,
weathered wood twigs,
or fun objects like
vintage buttons and lace.
Inspirational quotes will also be provided
to use on art pieces.
We will start with single flowers to create a small ornament,
and then create your floral clay
for an 8 x 10 wood panel piece.
Blooming flowers and grasses
will change throughout the dates.
bundles of alfalfa and hay grasses
or daisies, prairie, and purple coneflower bouquets.
Late July and August classes
will feature sunflowers.
Each summer the wildflowers bloom
at slightly different dates and of course vary with weather conditions.
Part of the adventure is the search for the unique vegetation and gathering a variety of leaves, blooms, and grasses.
All classes held at
White Owl Community Hall, White Owl, SD from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m.
Choose from the following dates.
August 20 (registration now closed)
August 26 (registration now closed)
All art supplies provided.
Registration saves your spot.
Limited to first 10 to sign up for each date.
COVID-19 Courtesy requests are listed at the bottom of this page.
email Jodene at
or text 605-515-0325.
(registration now closed)
* I ask and trust that each one will extend healthy
courtesy to all attendees.
* Please reschedule your date if you have experienced flu like symptoms within 14 days of your class date or if you have been exposed to a person with symptoms or a confirmed case of COVID-19.
You may transfer your registration to another class at a future date
or have a refund.
* Masks will not be required, but you are welcome to wear one.
* Hand sanitizer will be available.
* There is plenty of room at the hall for 10 people to spread out if you prefer to social distance, however, we will be sharing space and art supplies.
* White Owl Wings and White Owl Community Hall are not responsible for contraction of COVID-19.